1. Metal block, used with in a vise, which is sized and shaped to give the needed contours to the piece of metal that is bending or shaping.
2. Clamp that is used to prevent the safety valve on a boiler from opening. This is used when the boiler is hydrostatically pressure tested.
1. Increase in money or property values over the carrying value of the property, received on the sale or exchange of that property.
2. A mortise, which is a recessed slot or a notch.
3. The cut made into the doorjamb to install the hinge plate to be set flush with the surface.
1. A long narrow balcony on the exterior of a building.
2. A long narrow corridor or room.
3. An exterior covered walkway, which is open on one side and/or has supporting pillars.
4. A platform or projecting upper floor attached to the back wall or sides of a church, theater, etc.
5. A porch or veranda.
Flow of electrons which occurs when two dissimilar metals come into contract in the presence of moisture which is capable of carrying electric currents, resulting in the corrosion of the more active metal, which is lower on the galvanic scale, without damage to the more passive metal.